Bytes Universal Systems (BUS) today announced that it has successfully implemented SAMRAS, its locally developed and fully integrated financial management sy
We provide our clients with a complete portfolio of services for design, deployment, support and management of their technology solutions through partners or vendor agnostic suppliers – aimed at helping our customers innovate with newer and better ways of interaction. Our availability of service, maintenance and support promise minimum downtime that maximises throughput and productivity. Service Level Agreements further ensure adherence to stringent processes, including proactive, predictive management that allows for anticipation and the opportunity to address service needs and challenges before they arise. Our service professionals offer advice and expertise from design and integration to support and management and beyond.
Our Services Management includes:
MANAGED SERVICES OUTSOURCE SOLUTIONS
An outsourced managed services model that controls, monitors and manages all IT infrastructure, applications and business processes in order to optimise business needs with increased efficiency throughout the IT and business landscapes.
A managed service outsource partner provides well-designed and properly-implemented solutions that allows IT personnel to support and manage larger, more complex and significantly geographically-dispersed IT infrastructure components and technologies end-to-end.
Delivery of all services is supported by the Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) platform as the single point of contact for ITIL process frameworks and other business process requirements.
Bytes MS is aligned with recent trends whereby outsourcing has evolved from a primarily technology-centric to an increasingly service-centric discipline, as organisations embrace the benefits of outsourcing in the drive to deliver continued competitive advantages.
The principal benefits which organisations derive from this outsourced model are:
- Reduced IT headcount required to support a given size of IT infrastructure leading to salary savings and/or increased resource availability for project and development work
- More efficient utilisation of valuable technology assets allowing upgrade or expansion costs to be avoided or deferred
- Increased availability and performance of technology infrastructure and applications meaning that users can work more efficiently and business is not lost to competitors when applications are down
- Optimisation of IT service delivery leading to improved customer satisfaction and perception of IT as a business enabler rather than just a cost
- Full outsource of IT solutions
- SaaS (Software as a Service)
- Hosted services
- Scalable expansion of services in line with customer business growth
Availability Management aims to define, analyse, plan, measure and improve all aspects of the availability of IT components. Availability Management is responsible for ensuring that all IT infrastructures, processes and tools are appropriate for the agreed SLA targets.
Typical Availability Management activities are, but not limited to, ensuring that service availability meets SLAs, determining the root cause analysis of failures (RCA), reviewing business and IT requirements, and ensuring proper contingency plans are in place with tested and establishing high-availability, redundant systems to support mission-critical services.
Availability Management Components
- On-site / remote estate management
- Predictive and preventative services
- Total incident management
- Incident Management Centre [IMC]
- Scheduled preventative maintenance services
- Continuous improvement programs
- Account management services
- MIS data collection, collation and reporting
- Equipment trend analysis
- Service performance statistics
- Flexible billing services
- Extensive geographic coverage
Bytes MS, as a fully South African owned and managed organisation, currently employs over 1,650 personnel and operates out of over 107 service points and 18 stocking locations throughout South Africa and parts of Africa.
This large distribution footprint enables Bytes MS to agree and deliver on diverse SLA’s and availability requirements defined by each of our customers. We continue to support large volumes of IT related equipment with over 1 200 000 devices under maintenance agreement. These include desktops, servers, printers, cheque processing systems and self-service devices including ATM’s, POS devices and retail systems.
Bytes MS operates more than 7000m2 of warehouse space supporting 35 000 product lines at stocking locations across South Africa. The distributed warehouse system is fully managed centrally and manages more than 300 000 requests and incidents per year for our customers.
This approach enables a much reduced turn-around time of stock, while ensuring effective distribution for the required customer service and equipment availability needs.
Workspace Management Components
- Remote management
- End-user support
- Enterprise wide desktop and related peripheral support services
- Server support
- Solutions tailored to customer needs
- Software migration services
- Installed base audit programs
- Warranty management programs
- Full lifecycle management from pre-staging through to obsolete equipment collection with responsible disposal
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Project management
- Managed nationwide roll-out services
Financial and Retail sector specialists
As specialists in the financial and retail sectors, Bytes MS provides nationwide cradle-to-grave services for financial services device support for ATMs and other self-service terminals; and full national on-site support services for retail, fuel and EFT retail markets.